Refinancing & Restructuring
Successful CEO’s and CFO’s understand while cash flow is the life blood of their company, equally as important is a solid capital structure and access to financing sources to fund the ongoing needs of the business. However, with banks raising credit standards and future economic activity remaining uncertain, tighter access to traditional financing has led to increased stress for many privately-held businesses.
Promontory Point Capital is an investment banking firm focused on the needs of privately-held businesses. Our firm is engaged by companies in a variety of industries seeking dedicated and experienced resources to secure debt and equity financing. The principals of PPC have closed hundreds of financing engagements throughout their careers including the refinancing and restructuring of bank debt, securing second lien, subordinated, and other types of junior debt, as well as accessing equity capital for their clients. Our experience is unmatched in the lower middle-market and our audience of financing sources is national including banks, institutional debt and equity investors, and other capital providers.
Securing financing in today’s market requires much more than a part-time effort and is a significant undertaking for most businesses. PPC manages all aspects of the transaction, from initial discussions with appropriate financing candidates, to the negotiation of competing term sheets, ultimately through closing. Engaging PPC allows experienced professionals to focus on the funding so senior management can remain focused where they should be — on the business. Situations where we have been effective include:
- Companies overextended with their current lender or bank group, including forbearance situations.
- Under-capitalized businesses needing an injection of “junior” capital beyond bank debt.
- Growth orientated companies requiring financing for expansion.
- Owners of assets that are candidates for 100% sale-leaseback financing.
- Funding needed to finance acquisitions, shareholder redemptions, or buyouts.
- ClearwingPromontory Point Capital2021-10-20T14:50:09+00:00
Clearwing- 2021 -
- Arandell CorporationPromontory Point Capital2021-10-20T14:37:53+00:00
Arandell Corporation- 2020 -
- Serigraph, Inc.Promontory Point Capital2021-04-22T17:33:41+00:00
Serigraph, Inc.- 2019 -
- Amer Metal/Amer Chartered BankPromontory Point Capital2019-07-10T13:36:30+00:00
Amer Metal/Amer Chartered Bank- 2016 -
- Tapco/First CapitalPromontory Point Capital2022-12-07T00:03:51+00:00
Tapco/First Capital- 2014 -
- Arandell/Private Bank/CapXPromontory Point Capital2022-12-07T17:13:48+00:00
Arandell/Private Bank/CapX- 2014 -
- Kitchens To GoPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:44:27+00:00
Kitchens To Go- 2013 -
- J.B. Kenehan/Town BankPromontory Point Capital2019-07-10T13:53:52+00:00
J.B. Kenehan/Town Bank- 2012 -
- Cary Francis GroupPromontory Point Capital2019-08-13T16:05:55+00:00
Cary Francis Group- 2011 -
- Aqua FinancePromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:43:25+00:00
Aqua Finance- 2010 -
- AMT/Citizens BankPromontory Point Capital2019-07-10T13:48:47+00:00
AMT/Citizens Bank- 2010 -
- Air Cargo CarriersPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:34:34+00:00
Air Cargo Carriers- 2009 -
- Conley Publishing/Community BankPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:54:49+00:00
Conley Publishing/Community Bank- 2008 -
- Village of Manor ParkPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:32:57+00:00
Village of Manor Park- 2008 -
- Owens, Inc.Promontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:33:53+00:00
Owens, Inc.- 2008 -
- Calcars/Surge CapitalPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:51:37+00:00
Calcars/Surge Capital- 2005 -
- NCL GraphicsPromontory Point Capital2022-12-06T23:19:03+00:00
NCL Graphics- 2005 -
What our clients say
“I highly recommend to business owners and CEO’s to always use a competent advisor such as Promontory when raising capital or engaging in M&A activity. Your team is well suited for both and will undoubtedly serve others well …”
President and CEO, ASG
“Working with PPC was a pleasure.Your firm played a key role in helping Pierce Engineers Inc. plan and navigate our internal transition plan from senior ownership to new ownership within our firm for years to come.You were both hands on in our discussions and process and presented us with many options to consider along our path to transition.”
President, Pierce Engineers, Inc.
“Through the process, PPC and Bill Penkwitz, its lead partner on the deal, provided outstanding guidance; exceptional understanding and management of the process; consistent, clear and fast-response communications with all parties; and a great sensitivity to hitting transaction milestones …”
Ready to Talk?
PPC brings deep financial and strategic expertise to the table along with a fresh perspective from the outside market. Please contact us to discuss your objectives.